We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 large poblano chilies,* seeded, chopped
- 2 14 3/4- 15-ounce cans cream-style corn
- 1 16-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 14-ounce cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Mix 2 tablespoons butter and flour in small bowl to blend; set aside.
Finely chop onion and celery in processor. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion-celery mixture and chilies; sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Add creamed corn and next 5 ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Whisk in butter-flour mixture and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors. Add shrimp and 4 tablespoons cilantro; simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle chowder into bowls. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.